Write EXIF tags

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Are there plans to add functionality to write EXIF tags back to the images?

I assume it's just a case of reversing the Get decoding...

As a VBer, I've looked at EXIFworks, which is fine but flawed.

Cheers,

Ben

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Hi, Ben,

Of course it is planned, the thing is that I'm a little bit overloaded with my main job and another project of mine.

Actually writing is a little bit more complicated than just reversing the Get (there's a great deal of checks needed)...

But, I hope I'll manage to finalize it during the NY holidays, so stay tuned!

Thanks,

Lev

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Hi Lev,

I was only nudging you! I'm a part-time coder myself (in VB) and was wondering if this project was another dead-end; I've come across loads of great ideas without direction or encouragement.

The code I referenced in my post (if the link is good) works, but is basic (no pun intended); I realise that 'set' methods will be a little trickier than 'get' backwards, but not difficult given the VB implementation. In the project I refernced, performance is not the prime requirement; I'm doing some a-sync IO methods for the charity I work for and wanted to check I'm heading down the right track...

It would be nice to have a project that wrapped the EXIF, XMP and ITPC standards with a common interface. Some implementations seem to be lowest-common denominator and cover a few tags; this could be the start of a (free) .NET framework for image metadata!

Thanks for your work so far,

Ben